What is a Relocatable Structure?
Clients in industry, business and various government agencies are discovering the advantages of constructing modular buildings that are capable of being relocated.
Relocatable structures are a form of modular construction, built in a controlled environment, designed to be transported over long distances and function in the harshest conditions. They include workforce housing and all the related support structures such as kitchens, dining halls and leisure facilities. They also include office structures, lodges, hotels and schools.
A modular structure design offers several potential construction advantages:
- A factory controlled construction environment
- Cost savings over conventional ‘stick built’ construction methods
- The ability to move the building to a new site in the future
- Expandability – relocatable structures can be designed to easily accommodate additions
- Decreased on-site construction time means less disruption in environmentally sensitive areas