Who is MARS?
MARS is a not-for-profit trade association whose members are companies that manufacture, lease, operate or own modular commercial and industrial structures as well as their suppliers.
The association also functions as a voice and liaison between the industry and government agencies. Since 1979 MARS has played a key role in the development and maintenance of the present standards and related building codes for modular built relocatable structures in Alberta. It worked closely with the government to develop Part 10 of the Alberta Building Code which deals specifically with relocatable structures. MARS is proud that this relationship and Part 10 are an industry model which is being considered to be emulated by other jurisdictions.
- To be the association of choice for the manufacturers and providers of commercial, industrial and workforce modular structures in Canada.
- To provide leadership and advocacy to develop and uphold standards and promote the use of modular structures in Canada.
- Public and environmental health & safety is paramount.
- Integrity in all our relationships and actions.
- Contribution of our volunteers.
- Collaboration with others for mutual benefit.
- Advancement of technical expertise for the modular industry.